The Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin is seeking an exceptional physician to join the Department of Internal Medicine as the physician lead for the UT Health Primary Care clinic.
Dell Medical School’s mission is to revolutionize how people get and stay healthy by:
- Educating leaders who transform health care;
- Evolving new models of person-centered, multidisciplinary care that reward value;
- Advancing innovation from discovery to outcomes;
- Improving health in our community as a model for the nation; and
- Redesigning the academic health environment to better serve society.
Dell Medical School (DMS) is the first medical school established in nearly five decades by a member of the Association of American Universities, an organization of leading public and private research universities. An extraordinary commitment of resources, both public and private, has already been made to enable its development and success. At Dell Medical School we pursue innovation in the re-design of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and programs in interdisciplinary and inter-professional education.
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative general internist to provide clinical care, leadership and oversight for clinical operations of the clinic, and lead innovations in the Dell Medical School Primary Care Clinic. This physician will be a member of a collaborative healthcare team providing comprehensive primary care to adult patients. The scope of practice is defined through the Practice’s credentialing and privileging committee. Participation in scholarly activities is also expected, such as clinical research and quality improvement projects with an aim to meaningfully improve healthcare system processes and delivery of high value care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Primary Care providers and staff on a daily basis and help ensure clinic operations are in line with the Department’s goals.
- Lead the design, implementation, and iteration of value-based clinical care models in the Primary Care clinic
- Represent the Primary Care clinic in key clinical decision-making bodies within Dell Medical School and UT Health Austin
- Lead effective and efficient practice management policies and practices that support patient access to medical care. Supports appropriate billing for professional services through timely documentation and maintaining adequate knowledge of the practice’s billing policies and procedures.
- Systematically assesses patients’ health status, arrives at appropriate diagnosis(es), and implements care plan for effective clinical outcomes. Considers thorough range of treatment/preventive options and arrives at a recommended course of action that is age appropriate, culturally appropriate, realistic, and attainable.
- Appropriately manages patient care and health status following initiation of treatment/preventive plan, and monitors and adjusts as warranted. Communicates effectively with patients and family so that they understand their diagnosis, treatment plans, and need for follow-up care
- Manages patient care through appropriate use of available resources. Appropriately prescribes and orders ancillary services. Utilizes Practice referral network appropriately. Manages chronic health/disease.
- Participates in the training, orientation, and evaluation of Practice support staff. Regularly attends and actively participates in Practice staff meetings or physician/staff meetings. Participates in short- and long-term planning for the site or care system, providing input to the annual operational and capital budget.
- Participates in appropriate committee structure. Participates in community education and other professional activities to promote Practice services and the site.
Contributes to the overall academic community in the Department of Internal Medicine and Dell Medical School, through citizenship/service, scholarship, education, community engagement, and/or innovative clinical methods that advance the health of the community.
- Demonstrated leadership, clinical teaching, evaluation, and communication skills.
- Ability to influence/motivate others at all professional and administrative levels.
- Strong clinical background in evaluation and management of chronic diseases commonly seen in the Medicare and/or Medicaid population.
- Must be an innovative self-starter with a commitment to excellence.
- Must possess tenacity, self-motivation and initiative necessary to drive the development and maintenance of established and new programs.
- A track record of being able to lead, direct, and influence a team (regardless of reporting lines). Demonstrates behaviors of a team player.
- Meets applicable credentialing and privileging standards for his/her specialty. Board certification in Internal Medicine or board eligible within two (2) years of completion of training.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Texas (or the ability to obtain prior to appointment).
- Eligible for appointment as an assistant professor or higher in the Department of Internal Medicine.
- Experience in providing high-quality clinical teaching
- Experience and/or training in performance improvement, quality improvement, or related areas.
- Experience managing advanced practice providers and clinical staff.
Interested parties please submit letter of interest and updated CV at the link http://apply.interfolio.com/62902.