Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is currently seeking a Regional Physician.
TTUHSC Managed Care has a partnership with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice to provide all medical healthcare, behavioral healthcare, dental, vision, and pharmacy services to incarcerated offenders in the Northern and Western Regions of the State of Texas. All of our benefits eligible positions offer excellent benefits and outstanding retirement options which includes a pension plan!
Provides advanced professional services related to diagnosis and treatment of offender patients. Coordinates the delivery of clinical health care within an administrative region of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Correctional Health System ensuring that the appropriate health care is accessible and provided in a timely fashion. Works under the administrative direction of the Executive Medical Director with wide latitude to exercise initiative and independent judgement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs, coordinates and insures the provision of a full range of health care services in assigned region.
- Acts as the final medical authority in matters of regional discussions.
- Responsible for the management of the regional provider on call schedule. Acts as secondary back up in regional call complex.
- Reviews the functioning of each regional unit’s medical operation.
- Works in close concert with Regional Medical colleagues, Regional Health Administrators, Utilization Management, Director of Nursing Services for the purpose of planning and coordinating health services within the region.
- Teams with HR, EEOC, and other leaders to make wise personnel decisions.
- Assures the region’s compliance with external auditing standards, executive directives, administrative directives, access to care and other applicable policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with the 360 degree review process.
- Performs all duties of a correctional physician.
- Acts as TTUHSC representative at all Regional and Statewide committee meetings as directed. Chairs such meetings as appointed.
- Performs a variety of marginal duties as assigned.
- Administrative oversight and monitoring of assigned employees.
- Close interaction with Utilization Management with regard to patient specialty care resources and bed management.
- Responsible for oversight of chart completion, death summaries, Grievance Reviews, MRIS and Clemency Summaries.
Must hold a current license to practice medicine by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners. Must hold current Drug Enforcement Agency controlled substances registration certificate.
- 10 Years of supervisory experience (Chief Medical Officer preferred)
- Working knowledge of managed care principles in a healthcare facility to include clinical oversight and personnel management, policy and procedure development and implementation.
- Demonstrates leadership and maturity with exceptional ability to interface with multiple disciplines regarding intra/inter-institutional matters.
- Ability to organize complex work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgement based on an understanding of organizational policies and objectives. Ability to respond efficiently and effectively to clinical issues, inquiries or complaints.
- Conducts self in a consistently professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to prepare and present professional presentations/lectures and written materials.
- Demonstrates good computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, sound clinical judgement, and ability to multi-task and exercise flexibility.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission.
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude.
- INTEGRITY to be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments.